Working toward a more sustainable future
We provide a range of quality, animal feeds to customers and wholesalers.
We recognise that our products and processes impact on the environment and we are committed to reducing significant negative impacts where possible and also aim to improve the environment in which we live and work.
Why we focus on our environmental impact:
- As a feed manufacturer, we have always been focussed on reducing our own carbon footprint across all aspects of our business
- The farming industry must move towards zero carbon by 2040 and we believe we must work to help our customers achieve this
- There is increased consumer pressure to reduce the use of specific ingredients
- Some processors are already requiring farmers to specifically remove soya and palm products from their systems and more will follow
We have assessed our business activities and consider our main environmental issues to be:
- The consumption of kerosene, diesel & derv
- The consumption of electricity
- Transporting our goods
- Sourcing of our ingredients
Harper’s Home Mix Ltd is committed to:
- Compliance with relevant environmental legislation and other requirements relating to our business activities.
- Using processes and practices to prevent pollution.
- Reducing energy use through better management and monitoring.
- Sourcing our ingredients from more sustainable sources where reasonably pratical
- Informing our customers of more environmentally sensitive products & practices
- The training and education of our staff and people working on behalf of the company to enable our environmental objectives to be achieved.
- Continual improvement in the management of our environmental impacts
We will manage our environmental commitment through our environmental management system, adhering to ISO14001, and by making the people who work for us aware of their impacts and responsibilities.